Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The Hood is where I'm From

Well... IM BACK! And I've got the best companion ever! Fresh outta the
MTC Elder Manuma, From Mililani Hawaii! He is half Hawaiian, a quart
Tongan and a quarter Samoan! I spelt his name "Manoa" in my last
letter.. But he is excited to be here and is such a Boss! He is goofy
as ever too! He reminds me of my bro Elder Seth Hannemann, so we
trouble!;) hahah
So East Orange is he best as always, the branch is still so close to
becoming a Ward! One of our goals is to see it become a Ward! It was
so great to see everyone yesterday at church.  Some people were saying
"Welcome Home Elder Fotu" hahaha almost cried, and others were like "
your still on your mission!?" Hahaha I don't think they understood
that this was my first Area.... But this past week we spent a lot of
time finding new people to teach, there wasn't really much left from
the last Elders to work with so we're really trying to find some solid
people to Baptize! One part- member couple -with a lot of potential-
that were are working with and actually going to see tonight is a
less-active named Herman and his non-member wife Aida. So we're
excited to be teaching and working with them!
Haha funny story... We were driving back from picking up Elder Manuma
and we were driving back into East Orange and the first street we
drive down E. Manuma was like " I think I just saw more black people
on that one street than I have in my whole life..." Hahahahah so he's
still getting used to the culture here. Our apartment got turned into
a 4 man so we relive no with two other Elders, a Elder Covington and
Elder Lee. Elder Lee is from Korea, super funny guy! Elder Covington
is a hick from St. George. So our 4 man is the bast in the mission!

I hope you pray that I can live up to the huge trust that the Lord has
put in me to send me back to East Orange training a new missionary...
It's kinda overwhelming but we are working hard and doing our best at
this wonderful work!

Thank you for all your Love and Prayers!
Love you all!

-Elder Fotu

Pic: Elder Manuma & I

No comments:

Post a Comment